The Anglican Youth Fellowship (AYF) is the oldest youth organization throughout the Diocese. Originally called the Anglican Young People’s Association (AYPA) its name was changed to allow persons who were not Anglicans to also participate. Members are between 12 and 25 years old.
The motto of the AYF is “For Christ and His Church.”
The Aims and Objectives are:
- To provide opportunity for young people to meet in fellowship and give creative expression to their faith in Christ.
- To promote among its members a greater awareness of themselves and their faith, and of the cultural, social and political situations in which they live.
- To help members develop an understanding of their role in the life of the Church (Body of Christ) and the Society.
- To develop programs to meet the needs of its members in keeping with the demands of the Church and the aspiration of the nation.
- To provide learning experiences in leadership skills
- To stimulate young people to act together in response to identified areas of need in the local Church and community.
- To encourage co-operation with other youth organizations within the Church.
- To lead members to a deeper commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and to bring others to such a commitment.
The AYF at Church of St. John Evangelist meets each Friday evening at 6 p.m.