I share with you a short article by Mike Riley
“I Am Thankful”
In 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Paul encourages us, “In every thing give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
The following are just some of the blessings this writer is thankful for:
- For the teenager who is washing the dishes and watching TV, because that means that he or she is at home and not on the streets.
- For the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.
- For the mess to clean up after a church luncheon, because it means that I have been surrounded by Christian friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in church that sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I am employed and capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am alive.
- For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.
- And finally ….. for the God of Heaven who cares not only for me, but for all mankind (Acts17:24-28; Philippians 4:19; 2 Peter 3:9).
What are some of the things that you are thankful for?